Saturday, July 16, 2011

Letting Go!

I feel your hand slipping out of my grasp
I try to hold on but deep inside I want to let go
The pretense makes the grip softer and softer
And eventually we slip apart
There's a moment of panic as the reality of being separated sinks in
I am falling with no support and I struggle with my new found freedom
Is this what I really want?
My hand was so heavy for so long and all I dreamed about was having it back
But now that I have it to myself, its lonely
I want someone holding it, holding me; but what am I willing to give up?
Can I hold on to the freedom and give it up at the same time?
There are no tears to shed, just a deep sadness.
A part of me is slowly dying while I am being reborn
As painful as it is, I am curious to see who I become....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home