Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Darkness Calls

The abyss is dark yet it presents a calming welcome that just draws me in and seems to call my name in the gentlest of whispers. I have to be careful not to lose myself in the darkness that falls on me like the softest cashmere blanket. "Relax in my embrace", it says but something warns me that the whisper covers up the deceptive tone and I must fight to find myself in the maze. I will reinvent myself, grow stronger and not tire as I find my way out and overcome the helplessness. This loneliness and hopelessness is a heavy blanket and the dark calls so seductively for me to lay my head down for just a minute. I move back from the edge of the abyss knowing I fight for more than my present freedom but for a future that doesn't involve gazing into the dark eyes that beckon, ever so temptingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home