Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My journey - London to San Diego by Jeremie

Its my great pleasure to introduce Jeremie our guest blogger for today with help from Kabz, as he shares his journey with us.

Enjoy,
SM

It has been an amazing transition period from living in London for the last eight years to now living in San Diego, California. Here I come, pacific ocean ready for the sun and tan. Sunny skies compare to the snow filled dreary days and now the sun in my soul can finally shine out and reach everyone around me. The endless amazing roads just reach out and touch my heart. I want everyone to find happiness and discover the road that leads them to absolute bliss.
I have met and been with so many good friends and family in London but I must admit the recent relocation to San Diego has enabled me to make friends that have made this transition smooth. I would encourage everyone standing on the ledge to take the leap of faith, new adventures are so much fun. Fear not, for the road ahead holds wisdom, what an amazing experience! The friends we make now are our wealth and a mirror to look back unto what the past has bestowed upon us. What a gift! Let's give thanks.
We cannot forget where our roots are, for in doing so we not only forsake ourselves but those that came before and those that come after us. As much as we live our lives abroad, let's always take a moment to think of our homeland wherever that may be and keep in touch. Our past is our heritage, a book of reference, a guiding light to what is worth pursuing and all the lessons we learnt as we grew up. As good or as bad as our journey gets, it shapes us into better individuals and the challenges mold us into stronger people. Looking back actually makes for a better experience.
Looking forward to my journey, I cannot wait to discover what is hidden and the joy I behold as I figure out the oyster that is life. We must look at life as an obstacle course and whichever hurdles come along, we must take them straight on without fear of failure. If we do fail, we pick ourselves up and continue racing towards success. Wherever our journey takes us, we can be proud in knowing that whichever route we took we gave it our all and the gems we discovered along the way stay with us forever. Keeping in mind that there are those that may hamper our efforts to succeed in life but we must persevere. For instance, our forefather fought for our freedom from the shackles of colonization tirelessly; for some it might have taken too long but the freedoms we enjoy came from those that didn't give up.
Friends open the door way that makes for a better life and knowing them only makes for a richer experience and this is our gift.
Shout outs and blessings to the peeps that made my experience a walk on the beach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My family directly and my people indirectly have given me the kind of strength that enables me to go anywhere."
Maya Angelou

"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helps you."
William Rudolph

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home